Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Day

Today has been a really good day. I woke up this morning, with a positive mind-set to take on the day. I put on a cute outfit of my choice and felt very confident in my own skin. I have found being confident and smiling throughout the day, not only effects me positively, but others as well. I can't tell you how many people came up to me today and complimented me on my outfit and even my smile. It feels good to enjoy being me for a change. This new self-confidence, helps me to be more social and I talked to interesting people, that I have never met before. I also got a lot of schoolwork accomplished today and a very productive day just makes you feel so good inside. I'm starting to realize that I have a lot to be thankful for and the time I spend critiquing myself, takes away from the amount of appreciation I can give to those special people in my life. I have an amazing family, who supports me in every which way possible; they encourage me to do what makes me happy. My older sister is my absolute best friend and though I don't see her a lot right now because I am away at college, we talk every day and she is the one person in this world that I can tell anything to. She is a ray of sunshine in my life and I want to be able to give her that back. I am the young age of nineteen years old and I have so much to look forward to in my life. Life is what you make out of it and I intend to make mine a very happy one. No one can change your negative views, you personally have to make that change permanent. Of course, I know that I will have my good days and bad days, that's just life. I am determined to one-day feel like this every day and I know it is possible. This post was just an update of how I am making mental changes that will benefit me in the long run. I know I am not the only one that has ever felt like this and needed to change things up a bit. For those who are still struggling with their identity, I strongly encourage you to keep reading my blog and to take this journey of self-realization with me. If you don't take the steps to fix something you are not happy with, it will never get fixed. We are able to feel so much joy and love from this life and everyone should get a chance to taste true happiness.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
 -Steve Kloves

No comments:

Post a Comment