Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Getting back into a routine...

Over the course of these past couple weeks, I have realized that a consistent routine is very healthy. Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with a lazy day every now and then when all you want to do is lay in bed, watch several hours of Netflix, and eat junk food. I am just saying in the long run a pretty consistent routine keeps you moving and motivated and it also shows yourself that you can take on anything that comes your way. Im in college and recently I was on christmas break, which lasts a whole month. Don't get me wrong christmas break is exactly what I needed, I was stressed over school and exams and just wanted time to relax. Going from being so busy to having absolutely no responsibilities for a month really messed with my routine and my motivation. While I was home over break I stayed up really late and slept almost the whole day away. When I came back to school I was so lazy and didn't feel like doing anything at all. I couldn't sleep very well because I was so used to staying up so late and I barely could get myself up in the mornings for class. At one point I was so turned around, that I thought I could be depressed. This was one of the major factors that led to me making positive changes for a happier and healthier life. I have started getting in bed earlier and taking showers in the morning so I feel awake and ready to take on the day. I make sure I am alert throughout my classes and I have noticed myself doing better on tests and quizzes because of that extra effort. I have been making sure that I stay on top of all my responsibilities at school and work and I find myself to be ten times less stressed out. I'm not getting things together at the last minute or having to rush to get assignments done, it's so relieving and I wish I would have been this motivated earlier on in the year. Being active is one of the major positive factors in my current routine. I make sure I can fit AT LEAST an hour of exercise in my schedule everyday. This not only makes me feel wonderful about my own body, but it clears my mind and is another amazing stress reliever. I feel confident and I try to work out right before bed so I am nice and tired and ready for a good nights rest. I hope to keep this routine going and become the best possible version of myself in the process. I'm working on loving myself so I can give that love and more right back to everyone in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment