Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Seasonal Depression?

Does anyone else think they have seasonal depression? I really think that I am a victim to this. I hate being cold, so when winter rolls around, I have NO motivation to do anything, but cuddle in my bed wrapped up with several blankets. When summer finally comes, I instantly feel happier and I want to work out and I want to go on hikes and I want to interact with people. It's an amazing feeling that I wish I had all year. To help with seasonal depression, you have to know it is all in your mind. When you can control your mind, you can control how you think and feel all the time. I haven't yet mastered how to control my mind, but I have been making baby steps to eventually get to that point. If you can continue to focus on good thoughts and positive attitudes, eventually it will come naturally and you can be happy even in the coldest months of winer. When you let yourself be negative and lazy, you are telling your mind that its okay, when it actually isn't. So every day think to yourself positive thoughts and after you do that long enough, those good thoughts will push out the negative thoughts in your mind. It can change your life. I've read many books on how this can be very effective and its a proven fact that it will work if you put in a little extra effort. I mean it isn't like working out or doing something exhausting, all you have to do is think and think happy thoughts. See? It doesn't sound very hard and you can do it anywhere you go. Im going to keep training my mind until I have full control over my thoughts and feelings, I suggest you do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment